Monday, September 21, 2015

 
"Patricia"
Acrylic on Canvas
24" x 20"
 
Ohhh, Patricia....  You're such a joy, although you look so stoic in your custom portrait... 
I'm not sure what it is about cows that I like... even the smell of them when I go running past the farm down the road.  (Yea, I'll admit it.  I like the smell.  Don't judge me).   
I chose to paint this in an acrylic.  Sometimes you just want a quick dry and the technique is a little different than oil painting.  Just adding a little variety!  Enjoy! 
 
 

 
"Pretty in Pink"
Oil on Canvas
20" x 20"
 
Another fun painting... and painting flowers is a little different subject matter than what I normally use in my artwork! 
 
 

 
"Cloudscape #2"
Oil on Canvas
10" x 10"
 

 
"Cloudscape #1"
Oil on Canvas
10" x 10"
 
 
Clouds...  I don't know what fascinates me enough to paint them.  Maybe the ever-changing shapes, the color of the sky behind them, the way the float gently across the sky.  I just think their beautiful!  Having the ability to try and capture them in a landscape can be a challenge but totally worth it!
 

 

 
SOLD
 
Oh my word.... I LOVED working on this piece of art!!!  It was a larger painting that what I'm normally used to working with, but it was a great challenge and definitely something I'll be trying again in the future.  The challenge of realism painting can be frustrating sometimes and I wonder if other fine art painters ever hit a certain time in their process where they want to throw up their brushes and walk away, but for me, the obsession is stronger than the frustration and it becomes a challenge to "beat" it.  Maybe it's a competitive thing.... anyway, after the aftermath, I can say I ended up very happy with this piece of artwork!
 
 

 
"Bowl of Pears"
Oil on Canvas
16" x 20"
$145
 
That's quite a pear you've got there.... well, pears.  Anyway, this painting was a lot of fun to work on.  I have weird obsession with teal... blue, green, a mixture of the two... I'll take it any way it comes, especially in a fine art painting!  I'm really happy with the way the oranges and yellows compliment the teal bowl and gray background of this painting. 
 

 
"Little Clock"
8"x 8" x 1.5"
$95
 
I've become a little more obsessed with painting little vintage alarm clocks....  they are so cute!!!  All the amazing colors + fine detail = fun! This artwork piece is painted on a deeper canvas, 1.5" gallery wrapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment